To reduce youth violence and the risk factors that contribute to it.
- Geographies – lower-income and higher-crime areas of Allegheny County, PA; Boston, MA; Cleveland, OH; and Martin and St. Lucie Counties, FL
- Populations – within those geographies, proven-risk and higher-risk youth and youth adults (see graphic below)
- Strategies – proposals with clear and measurable objectives for serving those populations through one or more of the following strategies:
- working with clients in multiple settings, including, one-on-one, peer group, family, school, and/or community
- using the Foundation’s grants as leverage to attract other public and private resources
- implementing and expanding researched practices and evidence-based programs; increasing the non-profit’s evaluation capacity and accountability in order to determine effectiveness
Types of Foundation Support
The Foundation considers proposals for programs, projects, and coalitions and collaboratives. The Foundation awards 6-10 grants per year and grants range from $25,000 to $75,000. The Foundation occasionally makes two- or three-year commitments.
The Foundation’s YVP Committee will not consider proposals concerning youth suicide, child abuse or neglect, domestic abuse, hate crimes, media or online violence, or victim protection and advocacy.
2018 | 7 Grants | $260,000
How to Apply
Letter of Inquiry (LOI)
Special Initiatives – LOI Submission Dates
- November 2019 Meeting – submit between May 13 – June 28, 2019
- June 2020 Meeting – submit between December 2, 2019 – January 10, 2020
To submit a letter of inquiry, use our online application system. This system allows you to easily add and update your organization’s profile and gives the Trustees and staff quick electronic access to your information. It also reduces paper use and postage costs for you and the Foundation.
Our New Applicant Help Guide should answer any questions you may have. If you are using assistive technologies to access our web site, or encounter other difficulties with the system, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 412-281-8734 or email@example.com from 8:00am-4:30pm eastern time during the work week.
You will receive an automatic acknowledgement that confirms your inquiry was submitted. We typically respond within 45 days from the submission date deadline to inform you if the Trustees will invite a full proposal.