About General Grants
The Foundation awards over 350 general grants each year:
- Personally invited by our Trustees
- Supporting organizations in the communities where our Trustees live and work
- Ranging from $5,000 – $10,000 for general operating support or direct service programs
2018 | 365 Grants | $2,607,359
How to Apply
- Our Trustees determine which organizations they will support each year.
- Foundation staff issues proposal invitations to the selected organizations in the Spring and Fall.
- Review our How We Fund section to determine if your organization may be a good fit with our Trustees’ interests.
Letters of Inquiry (LOI):
General Grants – LOI Submission Dates:
- November 2019 Meeting – submit between June 10 – July 19, 2019
- June 2020 Meeting – submit between January 13 – February 21, 2020
To submit a letter of inquiry, use our online application system. This system allows you to easily add and update your organization’s profile and gives the Trustees and staff quick electronic access to your information. It also reduces paper use and postage costs for you and the Foundation.
Our New Applicant Help Guide should answer any questions you may have. If you are using assistive technologies to access our website, or encounter other difficulties with the system, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 412-281-8734 or firstname.lastname@example.org from 8:00am-4:30pm eastern time during the work week.
You will receive an automatic acknowledgement that confirms your inquiry was submitted. We typically respond within 45 days from the submission date deadline to inform you if the Trustees will invite a full proposal.